Getting things organized by Saturday so you can shop with ease and a breeze.
This sale will include
- old books
- CDs & DVDs
- and tons more!
I shot this and a bunch of other photos on Sunday using an old Nikkor 24mm f2.8 manual lens that I got at a yard sale for $15. It was more work, but if you have lenses from your old SLR’s and they fit on your DSLR, try experimenting with them. You might be surprised with the results! Here’s more information on this.
Cape Ann Auction
Tues. March 26, 6pm
1 Lexingtion Ave, Magnolia Libary
Magnolia Village in Gloucester, MA
This sale features a art, jewelry antiques & more from a Rockport MA home, incl:
– unsigned painting on wooden chair seat attributed to Al Czerapak, personally presented to the consignor.
– several unframed Jonathan Hotz paintings of Cape Ann Seascapes
* Oil on canvas in the manner of Angelo Dall’Oca Bianca 48″x22″
* Oil on canvas of lake scene signed Bonnie Ford
* Black and white photo of schooner ship
* color photo of Sea Devil 1938
* Signed Rockport print by Correale
* 1913 print of pretty woman, Acrylic painting of Magnolia mass signed J. Goldrick
* Acrylic painting up in Burnham Boatyard Essex Mass signed Jay. Goldrick
* O/B Of boatyard signed RC Benham
* Unsigned oil on board of boat yard
* primitive oil on canvas painting of farmhouse signed?
* Oil on board painting of lighthouse signed May S Hammond
* Old schooner on canvas painting signed Betty Flygare
* Acrylic painting of brook signed TR Searle
* pair of Impressionist cityscape oil on board European scenes
* Vintage black-and-white photograph of circus elephant signed RW Tarr more….
Jewelry: We’ll have hundreds of pieces of jewelry, many to be pieces sold in lots. Here is a small sample of what we have.
* 14 karat gold Druzy ring
* 14 karat gold rope bracelet
* Unusual etched clear glass Cameo brooch
* Sterling silver and marcasite Jack in the pulpit pin signed Han
* Rosary beads with cobalt blue and Austrian crystal beadsp
* Rhinestone necklace
* Rhinestone shoe buckles
* Sterling silver pendant and earring set signed ?
* Sterling silver onyx and mother of pearl bracelet
* Unusual enamel whale pin
* Trifari gold-tone bracelet
* Beautiful rhinestone and blues tone brooch set in gold-tone sign J.J.
* Napier seashell charm bracelet
* Colored stone charm bracelet
* Gold-tone ships anchor brooch
* Tigers eye necklace and bracelet by Sigrid Olsen
* Sterling silver and red Jasper stone with matching charm, still has original Macy’s price tag
* Several large tray and box lots of parts pieces in jewelry findings
* A collection of rings including sterling silver and gold plated
* A collection of rhinestone and other very beautiful necklaces suitable for prom night
* Many, many more pieces of jewelry
- A collection of antique fountain pens, mechanical pencils incl: Marbleized and herringbone Parker, Sheaffer, Fords,
- Signed Hitchcock Company Mirror,
- Collection of antique bottles including, G. Dennis botonic beer Manchester, George a Davis Gloucester mass, Blatchford brothers Gloucester mass, GE Trumbull Gloucester mass, bitters, blob-tops, aquas, Harrison Royal Oak, Buffalo Lithia Springs and many more.
- Sears & Roebuck’s transit in original box
- Antique photo album with old cabinet card photographs And Tintypes,
- Antique beverage boxes including Virginia Dare carbonated beverages, Old Kerry, and Narragansett ale
- Tole-ware tray signed Annie Domini (Peter Hunt student?)
- Our snack bar will now be a kitchen! Come early, have a bite and save your seat.
As usual, there is NO BUYER’S PREMIUM at The Cape Ann Auction.
See pictures of a small amount of what we have at
From Walt Kolenda at Capeannauction.com
Our first auction in 2013 will be a DOOZY! Don’t forget, we’re running in a new location and on a new night!
Tues. March 5th, 6pm (preview 4-6)
Charles Jones Hall in the Magnolia Library
1 Lexington St, Magnolia, MA 01930
This will be one of our best quality auctions so far! It features art, antiques, collectibles & furniture from several Cape Ann estates.
Here’s a partial list, check back for more details.
Partial listing: A great cedar wood 5 mast ship model of the Sea Princess 34”h x 44”long in excellent condition individually planked, a 34”h x 36”l wooden model of a whale boat also individually planked, a wooden ship model of the Great Republic, wooden ship model of the Bluenose wooden ship model of the Suez 2, vintage half hull wall plaque ship model, a beautiful pair of 19th century Icons w/ Angels, blue stoneware planters, standing wicker planter w galvanized trough, arts & crafts period oak slant front desk , antique oak chest of drawers, pair of danish modern chairs , wainscot wardrobe period cherry drop-leaf table, large Norman Rockwell art book, lot of Edison cylinder records, 4 pc. Czech Victoria China decanter set, blue satin art glass bowl, Fenton cranberry glass vase, blue hobnail glass vase, black amethyst glass art deco brass rim bowl, bar in a barrel decanter set, group of 3 green art pottery vases, antique iridescent green 5” vase, vintage blue Hall teapot & 2 other brown vintage teapots, Fenton hand painted signed covered ladies boot decanter, green/brown majolica 22” umbrella stand, green/brown majolica (Weller?) 10” planter in drip glaze w/ trees, orange carnival glass bowl & orange carnival glass vase, yellow Pyrex mixing bowls Jadite mixing bowl & 2 Hamilton Beach custard color mixing bowls, green/brown majolica 7” vase, green depression glass plate, heavy cut clear leaded crystal vase, hand painted black tin decanter set, sprayed gold retro decanter set, unusual cyclops pottery jug 8” tall, blue funny face stoneware mug, his/hers happy sad stoneware mugs, See more
Just added… A rare signed, Fred Thompson hand colored 6 mast schooner print, Bradford’s History of the Civil War, several signed impressionist paintings marine themes and cityscape, Motif #1 depicted in a stone wall plaque. Still more to come.
For more pictures and details go to: http://www.auctionzip.com/auctioneer/gloucester
Our snack bar will now be a kitchen! Come early, have a bite and save your seat.
As usual, there is NO BUYER’S PREMIUM at The Cape Ann Auction.
Visa, MC, Checks & Cash accepted
White light flashing five times at 20 second intervals.
Thacher Island is located about a mile offshore of Rockport. The island may be viewed from several locations in Rockport and from the Bass Rocks (Atlantic Road) in Gloucester. The Thacher Island Association provides boat service to the island for members of the Association. Kayaking is another popular way to visit the island.
From The Farmer’s Almanac:
February’s full Moon is traditionally called the Full Snow Moon because usually the heaviest snows fall in February.
Hunting becomes very difficult, and so some Native American tribes called this the Hunger Moon.
Other Native American tribes called this Moon the “Shoulder to Shoulder Around the Fire Moon” (Wishram Native Americans), the “No Snow in the Trails Moon” (Zuni Native Americans), and the “Bone Moon” (Cherokee Native Americans). The Bone Moon meant that there was so little food that people gnawed on bones and ate bone marrow soup.
From my friend Walt Kolenda:
Laurel Tarantino is hosting an indoor flea market at the Pond View Village Community Center on LePage Ln. off of Essex Ave. in West Gloucester.So far there are at least 12 vendors. It looks like there will be everything from crafts to antiques, art & junk!
Where: Pond View Village Community Center, on LePage Ln off of 133 (aka Essex ave.) West Gloucester, MA
When: Sat. Feb. 23 9am-3pm
What: Flea market, antiques, crafts, home-made items etc!
See you there! ~Sharon
Just came across this from 2011