The Massachusetts sales tax holiday is back in August. Here’s what to know.
Remember it is the 2019 Waterfront Festival this weekend at Stage Fort Park.
Gloucester Waterfront Festival
Hours are 10am to 6pm each day. Friendly pets on leashes are welcome. Free Admission. (Fee to Park)
On Saturday enjoy a Lobster Bake put on by Ipswich ClamBake, along with beer by Ipswich Ale!
Lobster Bake, $25:
- Steamed Lobster with drawn butter
- Steamed Corn on the Cobb
- Fresh home-made cole slaw
- Chilled Watermelon Slice
Add one half pound steamed clams with broth and butter, $30.
A La Carte:
- Lobster with butter: $21
- One pound Steamed Clams with broth and butter: $12
39th Annual Gloucester Waterfront Festival
Stage Fort Park, Gloucester, Massachusetts
August 17 & 18, 2019 Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 17
7:30am to 11am Rotary Club’s Pancake Breakfast
9am to 6pm Festival Opens: Arts, Crafts, Food Booths & Kids Area
9am to 11am Jazz in the Air – Food Court Stage
11am to 3pm Alter Ego – Food Court Stage
3pm to 6pm Two Weeks from Everywhere – Food Court Stage 1pm to 4pm Performance Art – Roaming the Festival
12pm to 6pm Cape Ann Chamber Lobster Bake and Craft Beer Truck Fund Raiser
Sunday, August 18
9am to 5pm Festival Opens: Arts, Crafts, Food Booths & Kids Area
9am to 12pm Jazz in the Air – Food Court Stage
11am to 4pm North Shore Old Car Club over 100 antique/vintage autos 12pm to 5pm Funbucket Band – Food Court Stage 1pm to 4pm Performance Art – Roaming the Festival
• Numerous Artisans will be demonstrating their and craft.
• Dozens of Specialty Food booths will offer samples including herbal dips, jams, jellies, sauces, mustards, maple, honey, oils, vinegars, fudge and much more. • A wide variety of International Foods will be available including traditional American fare, wraps and panini’s, Ice cream, kabobs and seafood. • Several non-profit Agencies will be participating. • Designated Children’s Area with bounce castle, giant inflatable’s, make your-own-craft and more. • Please be sure to visit our Sponsors who help make this wonderful event possible: Engle&Völkers by the Sea, BMW of Peabody, Atlantic Fish and The Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce
Everybody loves a deal.
And if there’s ever a prime opportunity to scoop one up in Massachusetts — maybe for that new couch or television you’ve been eyeing — that moment is coming soon.
For one weekend in August, the state’s sales tax holiday returns, giving shoppers a chance to make some big-ticket purchases without fretting over the Commonwealth’s usual 6.25 percent cut of the bill.
Here’s everything to know about the two-day, tax-free affair, including when it is and how you can use it.
When is the tax holiday?
This year’s holiday is set for Aug. 17 and 18.