People are so generous! The donation drive for women in Active Duty has filled boxes many times over. Collections continue through Columbus Day and will be delivered to Operation Troop Support.
Courtesy photos below include GMG readers 🙂
Pauline Bresnahan, Johanne Cassia (Olde Ipswich Shop & Gallery) and Adam Curcuru, Director of Cape Ann Veterans Services, shared a quick video with veteran Vionette, “Vee”, Chipperini describing essentials that are great to receive when deployed. (Convinced me to go for bras!) Pauline said people have been creativite getting the word out and selecting special items to donate.
Organized by Woman Owned Businesses along the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway, donation boxes can be found at particpating locations:
- The Bookstore of Gloucester owner Arwen Severance 61 Main St. Gloucester MA
- Cape Ann Olive Oil owner Patty Gates 57 Main St. Gloucester MA
- Essex Bird Shop and Pet Supply owners Shelly Nicastro and Susan Eason 121 Eastern Ave. Essex MA
- Pauline’s Gifts owner Pauline Bresnahan 512 Essex Ave. Gloucester MA
- Premier Imprints owner Patty Gates 48 Main St. Gloucester MA
- Roamin’ Baths Mobile Pet Spa. Owner Kathleen Silva Gloucester MA 978-835-3072