Joey C ~
A place where non-profit Cape Ann organizations can post press releases directly and then those press releases will be reposted to http://www.goodmorninggloucester.com . This is not an advertising space for businesses, fitness or wellness organizations, or music listings.
The web address will be http://www.capeanncommunity.com
To have your community organization news posted here, contact Joey C who will grant access for you to post directly.
August 23, 2016 ~ mayorsefatia
In conjunction with our DPW and Water Compliance Office, the Mayor just approved water restriction measures which will be announced as effectively enforced immediately.
The full release is attached within this email and we wanted you all to be aware before we distributed widely throughout the community. Please note that this is not a full water ban, instead, water restricted to use after 5PM and before 9AM.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, but the main bullets are:
- Outdoor watering is limited to “handheld” with a hose or a watering can after 5 p.m. or before 9 a.m.;
- Outdoor watering with irrigation systems and sprinklers is prohibited;
- Watering of municipal parks and recreation fields with irrigation systems and sprinklers will be limited and be before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- In Gloucester watering is only at essential locations and at areas where vegetation is being reestablished for erosion control such as at the Little River Restoration Project;
- Filling swimming pools, washing cars and washing buildings is prohibited.
Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken
August 22, 2016 ~ catvbecky ~
Cape Ann TV’s Lunch & Learn Series continues on Wednesday, August 24th, 2016 at 12pm with “How To Make A Movie On You iPhone” presented by Professional Video Producer, Ted Reed.
It used to cost thousands, if not millions of dollars to make a movie. But now the basic production tools are in the hands of millions of people. Your smart phone can capture better video than most top of the line professional cameras did only a few years ago; all you need are a few tips and a few (if any) accessories to produce a festival-ready film. Join independent producer Ted Reed for a Cape Ann TV Lunch and Learn discussion that will show you what you need to know and what works best to get high-quality video out of your iPhone. The principles are the same for almost any current smart phone; we’ll concentrate on what the iPhone can do and the free or cheap apps that will help you get your indie feature made.
Participants are encouraged to install the ProCam app* which we will do a quick tutorial on, but even the stock Camera app will do the trick.
Space is limited for this event; please RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your spot.