What a beauty of a morning for the Oliver Hazard Perry to visit Cape Pond Ice on Monday. here is some information on this ship.
- 200ft: Largest civilian Sailing School Vessel in the US
- 7 miles of rope, 160 belaying pins, 20 sails, 14,000 sq ft of sail
- Ocean-going full-rigged ship: The first to be built in the US in over 100 years
- Sailing School Vessel: Carries no passengers, all who sail aboard are crew and take active roles in sailing the ship safely
- Meets and exceeds all USCG and ABS safety requirements for a ship of her size
- Provides an opportunity for growth: personally, professionally, academically, physically & socially – building seamanship skills, teamwork, leadership, stewardship
- Accommodates 49 people overnight, including 17 professional crew