Gloucester Writers Center Fish Tales is looking for storytellers for the upcoming show on Friday, May 13th, 7:30 PM at the Rocky Neck Cultural Center.
This is an All Women Line Up. The only requirement is that you have to be female.
Fish Tales Storyteller Guidelines
- Stories should be true and from the personal experience of the storyteller.
- Stories must be stories, not personal narratives about a subject/theme.
- Stories are most effective if told without reading a script. If this seems difficult, make an outline and tell the story to the mirror a few times, then try it without the outline. Experience tells us that a story that is told and not read has greater lasting power.
- Stories must be five minutes. Keep an eye on the time keeper who will signal when you are approaching the end of your time. In some venues we only have 1 hour for the show so your help is appreciated in keeping to the 5 minute limit.
- Storytellers who are far over the 5 minute timeline will not be included in the final cut of our film that appears on Cape Ann TV and posted on the GWC website.
- Arrive at the venue ten minutes before the start time to find out where you are in the line-up and to get comfortable.
- See also http://themoth.org/tell-a-story/storytelling-tips
- To see a sample show: http://gloucesterwriters.org/fish-tales-rockn-roll/
Please get in touch with Maureen Aylward (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have a story to tell.