The Five Retail Doors of the Cape Ann Tool Company
It has been decades since the ring of the 100 ton drop forge has been heard at the Cape Ann Tool Company. It took most of 2013 to get the smokestack down. Now it is time to dream about what will go behind the five doors.
My wish list:
1) A restaurant: Northern India plus Seafood. Greg Bover wants it named “The Tan Dory”. Or Mexican Seafood. “The Pigeon Cove Taco”. This will include a bar which does not require ordering a Cove Burger in order to be served a Fisherman’s IPA.
2) Coffee Shop and Bakery: fresh coffee and a bagel. Opens at 6 AM and imports Brother’s Brew Butternut Crunch Doughnuts.
3) Village Market: loaf of bread, butter, potatoes, onions, six pack of beer, Cape Pond Ice, scratch tickets, Allen’s Coffee Brandy.
4) Tackle Shop: bait, rods to rent for kids to catch a flounder behind the store, T-Shirts from Cape Pond Ice.
5) Art Studio: Art CO-OP, all media, pottery, ceramics, Rockport Art Association North Colony.
What’s on your wish list? A fresh seafood market? In-N-Out Burger? Uniqlo?
Retail Space Available: 617-482-6050