Hello downtown friends,
I’m writing to let you all know about what we’re plotting to help bring downtown into the Middle Street Walk festivities on December 12th. As the Middle Street Walk will essentially be ending by about 4:00 and we at Art Haven will have ice sculptures and buoy painting going on all day during these festivities, we thought that a lobster trap tree lighting ceremony would be the perfect culmination of the days events. However, we’d like to make this lighting ceremony into a much bigger event than it’s ever been, and we’d appreciate your help in that in any way possible. So, here’s a list of the things we hope to have going on between 4:00 and 6:00 on the 12th followed by a list of immediate action that needs to be taken. Please don’t hesitate to voice your opinion if you have suggestions or ideas for us to improve what we have already started planning!
What will be happening: 4:00-6:00pm, December 12th
- Lobster trap tree lighting (around 5:00)
- Performance by local bands/choirs
- Revealing of the Art Haven ice sculpture
- Hot cocoa and refreshments available
- Santa Claus in the Brown’s Mall
- Gift wrapping at the same time in the basement
- Action Inc.’s Project Uplift will be there
- A Christmas movie at Cape Ann Community Cinema
What needs to happen now:
- Collection of lobster traps and buoys: contact Art Haven at (978) 283.3888 or contact Jeff Worthley at (978) with contacts
- November 28/29: Need volunteers to help set up the tree (contact information from above)
- Restaurant and shop owners: Interested in offering a Christmas Special/Dinner with Santa? Let us know.
- We’re looking for a group interested in doing gift wrapping in the Brown’s Mall.
- Looking for groups that are interested in volunteering their time and musical talents
Dawn Gadow and David Brooks